| News | Division One News | Season 2021/22 | Andrew Jarvis making 'good progress'

Division One News for

Andrew Jarvis making 'good progress'

15th August, 2021

The Toolstation NCEL's Assistant Referees Secretary has spoken this evening with match official Andrew Jarvis who required emergency medical treatment after he was taken ill at a Division One game yesterday afternoon.

It happened at Rainworth Miners Welfare's home game with Hallam as the match was about to resume for its second half.

And thankfully, due to the speedy actions of a number of people and the use of an on-site defibrillator, Andrew was able to get that treatment as quickly as possible before being airlifted to hospital.

Ian Cox gave us this update after speaking to Andrew earlier: "I am pleased to let everybody know that Andrew, who was the subject of the medical emergency at Rainworth Miners Welfare yesterday, is making good progress.

"I have spoken to him earlier this evening from his hospital bed and he has had an operation and is recovering remarkably well.

"He cannot thank enough all the people who were involved in his emergency.

"At this stage, he does not remember anything after half time until he woke up in Derby Hospital.

"On behalf of the League, I would like to specifically thank the officials and players from Rainworth Miners Welfare and Hallam whose actions and support contributed so successfully to his recovery and indeed all the personnel from the ambulance and hospital services.

"Andrew hopes to leave hospital later this week and I will keep in contact with him as he recovers."

Particular praise has been given to Hallam physio Shannon Brooks who reacted quickly to give Andrew the treatment he needed, along with Wrens assistant boss Richard Smith and player Kieron Hinchley.

Earlier in the day, an update was posted on Hallam's social media, saying: "As most are aware, yesterday’s game against Rainworth Miners Welfare was abandoned due to assistant referee Andrew Jarvis becoming unwell and receiving medical assistance from Hallam physio Shannon and her Rainworth counterparts.

"We have received some fantastic news from Andrew’s son this morning that he is awake and stable in hospital this morning, and will keep us updated with his recovery.

"There is still some way to go, so please keep Andrew and his family in your thoughts.

"Andrew’s son would like to thank Shannon, the Hallam and Rainworth players, and their medical staff for their quick thinking and brave actions.

"From all at Hallam FC, we wish Andrew the best in his recovery and hope to welcome him and his family to Sandygate soon."

Latest Stories by Section